Drums of Autumn - Diana Gabaldon There were parts of this book that I did not really enjoy to the point that I wanted to throw in the towel, but because I’ve been so invested in the series and I know how DG works I stuck with it. Thank God I did because I really enjoyed it towards the end…enough to give it 5 stars.

I didn’t really like Jaime and Claire in America, but it was interesting to hear about life back then and what was needed to survive. I did enjoy the beginnings of Roger and Bree’s relationship, but that slowly fizzled for me towards the middle of the book. I started out liking Bree but then towards the middle she came off as obnoxious and bratty to the point that I disliked her. I’ve since then slightly warmed up to her. I hope that in the next book she comes off better.

What made me give this book five stars were the last couple of chapters where everything came together in a full circle. There were a couple of revelations that confirmed to me why DG is a genius and has millions of loyal readers reading 1000 pages and eagerly waiting for more.