Secrets of a Summer Night - Lisa Kleypas I was recommended the Wallflower Series many times here on GR, so I decided to give it a try after reading The Hathaway Series. I was not disappointed. This series seems to be just as addicting as The Hathaway’s.

The Wallflowers consists of four desperate girls looking for husbands. After sitting against the wall for a couple of seasons without any luck Annabelle, Lillian, Diane and Evangeline all decide to pull their resources together by helping each other land a husband. As the oldest in the group Annabelle is first. Annabelle is considered the beauty of the group but her family’s financial problems doesn’t make her attractive. Enter Simon Hunt. This eligible and very wealthy bachelor is highly interested in Annabelle. Annabelle, is physically attracted to Simon despite her saying otherwise, however she keeps turning him down due to his common blood lines and reputation. Together these two have some steamy and funny interactions.

I think this book is a good introduction to the series. The character interactions are pretty funny. It has a pretty good love story; however, the ending became a bit boring and cheesy. I also hated the over use of the word quiver, which is why I gave this book 3 stars.