The Third Circle - Amanda Quick I haven’t read any of the previous books, so I was coming into this mid-series cold turkey. Overall, it worked as a standalone book since it focused primarily on the romance of Leona and Thaddeus although I think it would have helped if I had read the others before it. There were references to previous characters and plot points that I didn’t know too much about but it didn’t hamper my enjoyment of the story too much.

I have read other Amanda Quick novels so I’m familiar with her writing style. This book falls in line with her other novels. Quick seems to be repetitive with certain phrases in her books and she, of course, delivered on this one. Usually her characters have some kind of instant attraction from the start. With this one the chemistry was good between the hero and heroine, but I felt like it happened too quick which led to less of a build up and tension and less passion. Although I must admit there was one sex scene in particular that was pretty hot.