Heiress for Hire - Erin McCarthy 2 1/2 stars

I probably wouldn't have picked this one up on my own, but it was left up for grabs at our work castoff table so I figured I'd give it a shot. The plot line was farfetched in a lot of ways, but it was funny and light and just what I needed right now.

A rich heiress runs off to a middle of no where town named Cuttersville trying to escape her problems and boredom. Now if I'm bored regardless of being rich or not Cuttersville, Ohio is not the first place I would think of to go, but okay I went with. The story took off pretty quickly after the first page and you learn that Amanda, the wealthy heiress, is surprise, surprise much deeper than what she is given credit for. Of course Danny, the poor farmer, sees this deepness right away. *rolls eyes* As if that farfetched plot is not bad enough the author decided to throw in a crying ghost for the hell of it. Mmmm hmmm, I'm still trying to work that one out.

Despite all this I still enjoyed it. I found lines like this one: "Men are alike. Different dick, but still the same prick" funny. Plus, the smuttiness of the novel more than made up for its silly premise. Mmmm, I never thought farmers could be so sexy, but yeah there you have it. ;)