Fifty Shades Freed  - E.L. James I was going to write some snarky review, but I just don’t have the energy to do so at the moment. The author obviously didn’t put much energy into writing the book and even admitted as much, so why should I put energy into writing a snarky review? The bottom line is that although this book was a good enough conclusion to the mad drama of the previous books the writing still sucked and I was annoyed a good portion of the time by it. With all the money E.L. James is making on this series I seriously hope she buys herself a thesaurus. On the flip side this book would make a great drinking game. Drink every time you find repetitive phrases and words. I can guarantee a nice buzz by the second page. Some suggested ones are:
“Please don’t be mad at me”
“Oh my”
“Oh”
“I love him so”
< WTF does this mean anyway?
“My lost boy”
“Fifty, Oh My Fifty”

As far as the story line, I liked it well enough. Of course there wasn’t much in the way of character development. Ana is still her annoying, semi-innocent self. Christian is still his overbearing, controlling self. It’s much of the same crap from the other two novels, except Christian’s family roots are further revealed and Ana sort of comes into her own. I gave it three stars only because I liked it more than book 2 and I liked the extra bonus chapter with Christian’s viewpoint. I could have done without the Jack Hyde plot and extra dramatics though.