Lover Reborn - J.R Ward I feel like I owe Ward a bit of an apology for doubting her abilities. As soon as I heard Tohr was next in line I was doubtful that she could pull it off. I thought it was too soon for him to move on. Also, I didn’t like the previous book all that much. Payne and Manny’s story left a lot to be desired. When I finished it I felt like Ward had lost some of the magic that made me fall in love with the BDB world. I’m glad to say she bought some of that magic back with Tohr’s book. :)

What I really liked about this book was that there were quite a few different viewpoints and it didn’t solely focus on the one romance. I know some people griped about this, but I felt like it worked because the BDB world has become pretty vast in terms of the number of characters to cover. It’s impossible for her to cover everyone of them, but I thought Ward did a pretty good job of covering the progress of some of the previous characters like Xhex and JM, yet still stay focus on the romance and Tohr’s need to move on. She also did a good job of setting up the next couple of books for the future pairings.

What I didn’t quite like was that I felt Tohr’s need to move on was too dependent on his relationship with No’One. I didn’t want him to be miserable, but I felt like he should have come to the realization on his own rather than having it forced on him. It does work out for both characters as far as their development goes, but I can’t say I’m completely sold on them as a couple…at least not the way I am with the previous pairings. Maybe this is something Ward will address in later books, like she did for Jane and V and Xhex and JM. Overall though, I was glad to be back in the BDB world and I’m excited for the future books in the series.