Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré I originally read this book years ago when the whole Harry Potter phenomena was just starting. Back then only a few of the books were out so when I finished one I was eagerly anticipating the next one along with everyone else. Book 7 came out and since it had been so long since I had read book 6 I wanted to do a re-read of the series. Of course life got in the way along with other books on my mountain TBR so I never came up with time to do a proper re-read. Since discovering audio books (thanks to GR) I decided to get the audio book and relive the experience this way. What a great option! Jim Dale is the narrator and just does an excellent job bringing the story to life. The moment the audio started I was transported back into the wizarding world along with Harry.

In the years since reading this story I forgot about the genius that is J.K. Rowling. What looks like a deceptively simple children’s story is actually an epic tale about good versus evil. There are so many little details included that you can’t help but feel part of Harry’s world. When I originally read this book I gave it a four. It was okay for me but now that the whole series has been out and I’ve read up to book 6 I see how each piece fits in. I’m going to stick to my original impression of the book which was 4 stars, but I will give the audio five stars for Jim Dale’s work and also because I’m able to appreciate it more now that I know what is to happen.