Visions of Sugar Plums - Janet Evanovich This book is an introduction to the In-Between-the-Numbers series, but it didn’t feel like one. Diesel appears out of nowhere and there is no explanation as to where he comes from or who he is. Apparently, this doesn’t bother Stephanie or her friends in the least. Diesel is a hottie and that’s enough explanation. Um, yeah… Luckily, I’ve already read the other books in the series and I know about Diesel or at least the little that Evanovich reveals in this series and the first in the Wicked series, but I think it sucks that not more is revealed in this first book.

As for the story, it’s a typical Stephanie Plum novel full of her usual hijinks except it’s much shorter and centered around a holiday. Evanovich also adds a touch of magic realism to the In-Between-the-Numbers series. If this had been the first one I read I probably wouldn’t have bothered to read the rest in the series. There were a few chuckles here and there, but for the most part it was just meh.