The Immortal Highlander - Karen Marie Moning I’ve been looking forward to reading Adam’s book for awhile. Adam better known as Puck in mythology is one of the few characters to have appeared consistently throughout the series. Many times without Adam’s mischievous interventions we wouldn’t even have a story. This Adam is not like the one that appears in mythology though. This Adam is a hot Fae, who favors a dark blacksmith’s build. *drool* Adam is thousands of years old, which means he’s pretty much seen it all and this is what accounts for his mischievous side- pure entertainment…not to mention a slight fascination he has with humans. He’s not mean spirited though and all of his actions are for a reason. Anyway, all this rambling is to say that Adam is an interesting character and I was interested in his background since the first book.

Now, I’ve complained in each book review I’ve done for this series how the heroines are all so cookie cutter just with different interests. Unfortunately, Gabrielle is no better. Again, we have a highly intelligent, beautiful, hard-working, Mary Sue-ish, 25 year old virgin. Her shining talent is that she can see Fae. She kind of reminds me of Sookie Stackhouse, to be honest. There’s even a family genetic trait passed down on the female side of her family. That’s not to say I didn’t like Gabrielle, but she didn’t bring much more to the table than the other heroines did in their stories. Together these two have some nice chemistry, but let’s just say it is Adam’s hotness that really makes the book.

Some of the previous characters like the MacKelters make an appearance in the book. Circenn and his previously virgin wife, whose name I can’t remember are mentioned, but not shown. Bottom line is you will want to read these in order to catch the references to the other characters.

I don’t know where the series is going to go from here now that Adam is not involved (or at least I don’t think he is), but I’m willing to give the next one a try when I need some brain candy.