Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel - Charlaine Harris I really never thought I would be saying this when I started this series out, but I’m so glad that Harris decided to end this series. It just needed to end already. Ever since Harris introduced the demented fairies and their stupid plot the series took a turn for the worse. It was like Harris wrote herself into a hole and couldn’t come up with anything creative to get out of it. I kept reading because, well its brain candy and I wanted to see how she got herself out of the hole.

This book is not much different than the others in the series. It’s the same formula: mundane details about Sookie’s life, a Sookie murder plot, friends rallying around her, etc. The only exception is that Harris throws in all of Sookie’s ex-loves and some past characters. Overall, while it wasn’t the greatest wrap up book, it wasn’t as bad as some fans are making it out to be. Granted the characters are boring now, but I don’t know what people expected as far as Sookie’s love life. I don’t understand why fans would even think Sookie would end up with Eric. Their relationship was on the fringes and nearly over 2 books ago. This book just brought on the inevitable. The only thing I’m sorry about is that we had to go through this series’ whole drama to end up at square one.

From what GR shows Harris will be coming out [b:After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse|17239876|After Dead What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouse, #13.5)|Charlaine Harris|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1364533931s/17239876.jpg|23766743] (Sookie Stackhouse #13.5) in October 2013. I’ll probably read it if I can get it from the library, but I certainly won’t pay for it nor will it be on the top of Mt. TBR. Once I finished Dead Ever After, I can’t say I was clamoring for more. It was more like a sigh of relief that Sookie and the rest of the world can now move on.