Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein Originally, when I read this book I gave it 3 stars. I thought the beginning was hokey, but then after a few pages it became interesting. Then a lot of aviation jargon was thrown in and that just didn’t really interest me. Anyway, I kept reading and the story became interesting again, but not interesting enough that I had to pick it up. Then I hit the second half of the story and that was when the magic happened and this beauty came together. By the end, I was in tears and I didn’t even know how they got there. I still went with the 3 star rating though because of my beginning experience. But it’s been about a week later after reading this book and I’m still thinking about it. The ending was just that powerful.

I can’t even go into a proper review with this book because it can all be easily spoiled. There are so many twists and turns and revelations that it’s hard to even say where this story is going. But man, when it gets there it gets there. I had to bump it up another star simply for the ending and how it made me think of friendships and what I would do if placed in that position. I really wish I could take the Twi-crap out of teens hands and put this book in its place.