The Rabbi's Cat - Joann Sfar, Alexis Siegel, Anjali Singh I picked this up when I was looking for graphic novels to fulfill a challenge task. I’m not a graphic novel reader by any means. It’s not my favorite form of storytelling, but I’ve been lucky because the 2 I’ve read so far I’ve enjoyed.

The Rabbi’s Cat is 3 different stories in one book- ‘The Bar Mitzvah,’ ‘Malka of the Lions,’ and ‘Exodus’. You don’t need to read them in order to understand them, but I think it is best because each one sort of builds on the other. Overall, I enjoyed the cat’s (he remains nameless throughout all 3 stories) observations. He was a little smart aleck and provided a lot of humor in all three books. I admit to not knowing much about the Jewish religion, but I still was able to appreciate the characters and observations made in the stories.

I enjoyed the graphics, but I do have to complain about the text. Sfar decided to go with cursive writing for most of the text. While, I didn’t have a hard time making out the letters sometimes there were pictures where the text was very small and squished making it difficult to read.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read.